92 Wucheng Road, Taiyuan, Shanxi 030006, China
Email: [email protected]
Shanxi University, School of Environment and Resources, 2006 – present.
Associate Professor (2014), Lecturer (2009), Teaching Assistant (2006).
Department of Hydrology & Atmospheric Sciences
University of Arizona
Visiting Scholar, 2017-2018, Tucson, the United States.
Key Laboratory of Water Cycle and Related Land Surface Processes
Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research
Chinese Academy of Sciences
Ph. D., 2008 - 2012, Beijing, Physical Geography.
Ocean University of China
Master, 2003 - 2006, Qingdao, Environmental Sciences and Engineering.
Taiyuan University of Technology
Bachelor, 1998 - 2002, Taiyuan, Environmental Sciences and Engineering.
Isotope hydrology, Groundwater hydrology, hydro-geochemistry, hydro-geothermal, land surface modeling, global hydrology.
· Wang, S., Yuan, R., Tang C., et al., 2018. Combination of CFCs and stable isotopes to characterize the mechanism of surface water-groundwater interaction in a headwater basin of the North China Plain. Hydrological Processes, https://doi.org/10.1002/hyp.11494
· Yuan, R., Wang, S., Wang, P. et al. 2017. Changes in flow and chemistry of groundwater heavily affected by human impacts in the Baiyangdian catchment of the North China Plain. Environ Earth Sci. 76: 571. https://doi.org/10.1007 /s12665-017-6918-9
· Zhang, L., Yuan, R., Song, X., Xia, J. 2017. Spatial variation of stable isotopic composition in surface waters of the Huai River basin, China and the regional hydrological implication. Hydrology Research, DOI: 10.2166/nh.2017.027
· Wang P., Chen B., Yuan R., Li C., Li Y., 2016. Characteristics of aquatic bacterial community and the influencing factors in an urban river. Science of the Total Environment, 569-570: 382-389.
· Wang S., Tang C., Song X., Yuan R., Han Z., Pan Y., 2016. Factors contributing to nitrate contamination in a groundwater recharge area of the North China Plain. Hydrological Processes, 30(13): 2271–2285.
· Wang, S., Tang, C., Song, X., Wang, Q., Zhang, Y., Yuan, R., 2014. The impacts of a linear wastewater reservoir on groundwater recharge and geochemical evolution in a semi-arid area of the Lake Baiyangdian watershed, North China Plain. Science of the Total Environment, 482–483(1): 325-335.
· Yuan, R., Song, X., Han D., et al., 2013. Upward recharge through groundwater depression cone in piedmont plain of North China Plain. Journal of Hydrology, 500: 1-11.
· Wang, S., Tang, C., Song, X., Yuan, R., et al., 2013. Using major ions and δ15N–NO3- to identify nitrate sources and fate in an alluvial aquifer. Environmental Science:Processes & Impacts, 15(7):1430-1443.
· Yuan, R., Song, X., Han D., et al., 2012. Rate and Historical Change of Direct Recharge from Precipitation Constrained by Unsaturated Zone Profiles of Chloride and Oxygen-18 in Dry River Bed. Hydrological Processes, 26(9): 1291-1301.
· Yang, L., Song, X., Zhang, Y., Yuan, R., et al., 2012. A Hydrochemical Framework and Water Quality Assessment of River Water in the Upper Reaches of the Huai River Basin, China, Environmental Earth Sciences, 67(7): 2141-2153.
· Yuan, R., Song, X., Zhang, Y., et al., 2011. Using major ions and stable isotopes to characterize recharge regime of a fault-influenced aquifer in Beiyishui River Watershed, North China Plain. Journal of Hydrology, 405(3-4): 512-521.
· Yuan, R., Song, X., Zhang, Y., et al., 2011. Major Ion Chemistry of Shallow Groundwater in Alluvial Fans of the North China Plain. In: Proceedings of Seminar on Evolution of Groundwater System in Large-size River Basins. Beijing China, September.
· Zhang, L., Song, X., Xia, J., Yuan, R., et al., 2011. Major element chemistry of the Huai River basin, China. Applied Geochemistry, 26: 293-300.
· Song, X., Wang, P., Yu, J., Liu, X., Liu, J., Yuan, R., 2011. Relationships between precipitation, soil water and groundwater at Chongling catchment with the typical vegetation cover in the Taihang mountainous region, China. Environmental Earth Sciences, 62(4): 787-796.
· Liu, G., Wang, J., Yuan, R., et al., 2010. Estimating the submarine groundwater and nutrients discharge of Yellow River delta with cross-section method. Water Sci Technol, 62(2): 394-402.
Research on impacts of inter-basin water transfer on water environment of intake area, Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 41301033, 2014-2016)
TEACHING and MENTORING
· Graduate Level: Groundwater Pollution and Remediation, Modern Physical Geography.
· Undergraduate: Foundation of Geology, Hydrology.
Wei Guo (2014), Yanan Wang (2015), Xianglong Yang (2015), Wenxin Zhang(2016), Shuyan Liu (2016), Meng Wang (2017).